Friday, January 16, 2009

Inspiration & Easy Bake

I SO need some inspiration today. I'm working and up to my eyeballs in paperwork wishing that I were at home designing and sewing. I worked on my cut sheet this morning to send to a couple of websites to sell on (I needed a break from accounting) and think that I have it perfected. I keep leaning towards whimisical designs for the blankets and pillows and I think that I have an overabundance of ideas that it's hard to corral them all in. So... I need inspiration to lift my spirits and get moving. I found this photo and I laughed so... I'm getting to feeling a little better.

Photobucket



But still... I want to be at home with my Singer alone with Charlotte Kendrick and Priscilla Ahn just singing and dancing around with thread flowing from my earlobes rolling in tons of fabric.

*slap*


I had to get back to reality here. I took about 10 minutes also to edit some photos from when the Boy and I baked some "delicious" cookies with his Easy Bake oven that Granny got him for Christmas. After choking down about 1/8 of one, I insisted that Lucian eat his creation so that he could indulge MORE of the delicious-ness! He asked me to try some with chocolate on it, so of course I did. What are good moms for? Eating yucki-ness to appease our children's creativity. So, for the sake of creativity... mmmmm.

Photobucket


This great memory made me smile too... The inspiration is coming to me...Based on good memories and funny times... The instructions sort of baffled me... Add 1/4 teaspoon of water? To an ENTIRE packet of powder? Uhhh... ok...? So I did it and it was interesting, to say the least. You had to squish it all together to get this tiny amount of water to soak up. Rather humorous actually. Hey, saved me some eggs I guess!

Photobucket

The Budding Photographer... I happen to LOVE Lucian's Photos...So innocent and pure!


Photobucket
The finished product...

I might add... that I had to literally CHISEL these cookies out of the little pans... Yes. I said CHISEL...

Photobucket
and how can we forget with CHOCOLATE??! uhhh...mmmm?

Photobucket


Note to self - get curtains in breakfast area...

1 comment: