Monday, January 19, 2009

Samples & Sewing

I'm getting the samples done to photograph and put online. My site won't be done until probably more towards the end of the year, but that's ok. That gives me plenty of time to sew sew sew. I have to say, I think that I have finally found my passion. Creating these things really gives me a creative outlet and I just totally love it. It really makes up for all of the things that I was told I couldn't do while growing up... It's therapy of sorts. I recommend it to everyone and anyone that needs something more in their lives... find an outlet and go with it. Whether it is fishing, hunting, sewing, reading, speaking to crowds, volunteering at a shelter - anything that you're good at - do it and do it often. You'll be surprised at how fulfilled you are after you do something that YOU love - not something that someone else WANTS you to love. Ignore any naysayers because you need to make you happy before you can truly live life to the fullest. (Wise words of the day alert)...

I was so inspired this weekend by family and good times. I felt revived and refreshed. We sat around and played Monopoly until 11 (it's unheard of that Lucian stay up that late but he was a trooper and played "big people" monopoly with us!). I should have taken pictures but didn't. Horrible, I know. But it was a blast.

Sunday I woke up at 6:30 and immediately started working on some projects. It took me all day (mainly because I had to figure and re-figure measurements - anyone who knows me knows that math is NOT my strong suit...), but I made a gorgeous blanket for our friends' newborn and I absolutely STINKIN LOVE IT. I almost don't want to give it up. But... I must. I just want to carry it around with me and look at it. It's THAT cute. It's going to DEFINITELY be in my line of blankets.

Photobucket



Photobucket


I found a new way to organize myself.

Writing things down. Go figure! Who'd have thunk it? If you write something down, it's amazing what you can accomplish because it's solid. It's there. Staring at you saying "you lazy thing! You can never get me done... Or can you?" And guess what? I scream back "oh yes I can!" and Voila! Stuff gets done. Amazing.

I have set goals.

By the end of the year, I am going to have my site up and fully functional chock full of handcrafted items made by me and other Mom-preneurs (I LOVE that word)

I am going to have stock of fabric and designs for pre-designs and customs ready
I will have learned how to use my embroidery machine (received 1/16/09) by February 15
I will be turning a profit on my custom items by March (or before, but March is practical)
I will also, by March 30th learn more advanced sewing techniques to better enhance my projects
By 2011, I will be designing clothing
By 2012, I will have others manufacturing my items for me

Oh, and did I mention that I wanted to quit my job by the end of the year too? That might be a good one to mention!

Hefty goals you say? Yeah. But it's possible. VERY possible. Even with working a full time job on top of it. I'm strong. I can do anything.

I am woman. Hear me roar.

No comments:

Post a Comment