Saturday, March 7, 2009

Moving right along

I can't believe how quickly time goes by. I remember when I was in high school it seemed as though time dragged on and the weekend NEVER came. Sitting in class nearly falling asleep listening to the teacher drone on about the civil war or some biological wonder that no one really cared about in class except for the teacher.

But here I am. Sitting on the couch on a Saturday at 7:07 AM (and have been up for nearly an hour now) blogging because I haven't done it since FEBRUARY 24th! It feels like I just sat down here about 3 days ago. *sigh* Where, oh where, does the time go? I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a gremlin somewhere stealing it, but my suspicions go unfounded (for now - only because I don't have time to investigate the matter). And THEN, society throws a wrench into my life once again and takes an hour from me TONIGHT - darn daylight savings time. I personally think they need to get rid of it - Arizona doesn't have it - and they're still doing just fine. Go figure!!

Anyway, so I am going to a small business development class today to learn about licensing and permitting and other such things that I am going to need when I finally get enough financial backing and "peace" to start Sedilu going on the right track. I'll have to blog and let you know how it turns out. I think that it's going to be good. Considering that I have zero clue on where to start and it's proven that when a person feels overwhelmed... they SHUT IT DOWN and I am no different. I did some research and found about 8 BAZILLION websites with information - not all pertinent to my state - and my head about exploded. This is a free class mind you - and I'm loving that. With the economy being so shaky, it would be crazy not to learn everything you can right now to get things going. I can't procrastinate this! I have to take Lucian with me to the class (gulp) but he's a good kid. So it should be ok. I'll take his PSP and some food and he should be ok for the 2 hours (please please please hope that I'm right!). Sean has to work. Dang job. Oh yeah. WE LIKE WORK! Work is good. Work pays the bills.

You know, I had it in my head that this was going to be simple. I was going to sew some stuff. I was going to list a few things on etsy and VOILA. I was going to start seeing my investment make some returns (that oh so lovely ROI). But after starting, I realize - that this needs more. I need to market my wares. But to market anything I need to HAVE A GOOD set INVENTORY of items. I can't just start sending out marketing materials for what - 4 designs? Crazy! So I am taking Dave Ramsey's advice and taking BABY STEPS! Shockingly good idea! I got overwhelmed sewing until my fingers bled (not really but it felt like that!).

SO if you're starting a venture - work at it slowly. Nothing comes quickly. Good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. Am I making you sick with these cliche's? Yeah. Me too.

But it's true. Don't rush it. Take your time or you're going to shut right down and get nothing accomplished. I started a little informational website because I have a great idea for customizing blankets, pillows and even dresses and such (when I get to that point) which I'm going to post about in a little bit. It's actually pretty cool and I had a BLAST doing it! As of today, I haven't gotten much on it, but it's going to be really neat when it's done! I'm totally excited about it! I'll be right back to post about it! YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment